Review Detail

3.2 3
Not exactly like the photos, but....
Overall rating

Friendly

Maintained

Safety

Relative Value

There are very few RV Parks close to the French Quarter, and in our opinion this would be the best of them, with just a short 10 minute drive to town. We stayed here for 5 nights in a 40 ft DP. Using Passport America the rate was quite reasonable. Their Award Wining BBQ was outstanding! These were the good things. Now for the not so good.... Getting there is a bit confusing and they have NO SIGNAGE to lead you along. The roadway is through an industrial area along the waterway, and using the word "road" is generous! One pot hole after the other! The online photos do not show you the boat storage/ repair dock along one side of the park, the photos show instead nice floating rental houses. HA! When we were led to our space I indicated that I'd prefer a different location and would be willing to pay extra. The young man called the office to inquire and shortly thereafter this grumpy Manager guy walked up and said " if we didn't want that space we could have our money back and leave"! Then they told us that there we no other spaces available. Since it was a Holiday weekend, we decided to accept the space assigned and go about having a good time. As it happened, the park never did fill up and we could have been placed elsewhere and the park would have gotten a few more $'s out of us, Oh well!! I don't think their attitude had anything to do with our being gay/lesbian, just not your usual Southern welcoming style. That said, I would stay here again but only at the reduced Passport America rates!
DH
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account