Review Detail

3.2 3
A good base for the Quarter....that's all.
Overall rating

Friendly

Maintained

Safety

Relative Value

My partner and I stayed at this park over the 4th of July holiday this year. We stayed here specifically because of the close proximity to the French Quarter as we enjoy the great restaurants in the Quarter and Garden District. For this, the park was perfect. It was a short drive into the Quarter, and parking in the Quarter is doable as long as you're a walker. Just park 3-4 blocks away and hoof it to where you want to go. I have a F-250 Crew Cab and had no trouble parking. Now back to the review. The shuttle service the park offers was not feasible for us. We would have ended up using a cab at least a couple times a day. The shuttle runs at 3 different times with the last return to the park around 8:30-8:45p.m. pickup in the Quarter, so that's too early to allow for dining. Next, don't believe a WORD of the claim that they have wifi! I seriously sat and waited for 15-20 minutes for the Google homepage to load. I ended up tethering my laptop to my cellphone and this was a lifesaver as I had work that HAD to be done. The wifi is so pathetic that it really shouldn't be advertised. And speaking of advertising, the photos this place use for marketing are COMPLETELY photoshopped and bogus! The photos make it look like an oasis just outside the city. Well it's not. As other reviewers mentioned the drive in is on streets that are barely maintained through an industrial park that qualifies as anything but an oasis. Once you arrive the place is "alright". It seems clean, the bathroom and shower house are clean. We didn't have a stitch of grass next to our "premium pull-thru" spot and paid full price of $60-$65 night. The staff is pretty unfriendly and borderline terse. I don't think it had a thing to do with our sexual orientation, they just don't seem happy to be there. Anyhow, the place is decent, at least for the purpose we needed it for. It would be much more appealing to RVer's who have kids. I would be inclined to try out another place if we come down again. I picked this place over another because of the photo they used and how appealing it looked. I guess that's why I'm a little ticked off and am leaving what I consider to be a sour review. (By the way, we have a 40' fifth wheel trailer)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account