Acousticub
May 12, 2010 16810
A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
Overall rating

Friendly

Maintained

Safety

Relative Value

Roy’s Hideaway is not a pristine, lavish, resort nor does it claim to be a “resort” unlike other Georgia campgrounds that positively fall short of “resort” quality. It is a bit difficult to access and the interior roads may not be resort quality, the pool a bit small in comparison, and the layout a bit chaotic.

Roy’s is only in its second year of operations as a gay campground where the staff offers amenities and activities rivaling the best “resorts”, all with a personal touch. The staff’s difficult task of successfully providing clean and well maintained facilities is obvious and sure to please the most discerning campground critic. Roy, himself, and the entire staff are approachable and sociable and work hard ensuring you enjoy your visit.

You will enjoy a great meal, at reasonable prices, most everyday of your visit if you choose not to cook. The pool is intimate and inviting providing the perfect social atmosphere to make great friends and you can usually find a beer keg or punch to liven up your evening. I have many friends who visit Roy’s regularly and provide me with an excuse to drop by.

I have personally witnessed increased fanfare, improvements, and patronage, in my short tenure and I am positive that Roy will continue to polish his diamond until it’s bright and shiny and I will always be a fan.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 9 2

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account