Gordobear
August 03, 2009 3472
Great place in the off season!
Overall rating

Friendly

Maintained

Safety

Relative Value

I stayed here due to a week long company meeting in San Francisco back in January. I've never been to Pacifica, but I heard that it was a beautiful place, which it is (on the days that it's not fogged in). During my time there, Pacifica was having unusually good weather...so no fog. Even though I didn't have one of the cliff sites, I could still hear the ocean which was very soothing and there was a walking path right along the cliffs with spectacular views. Since I was there during the off season, the place was half empty. That being said, there was a crowded section for the full-timers. I must say, that section looked "trailer park"-ish, with an RV on jacks with a missing wheel, one RV with engine parts on the ground, and a bunch of old neglected RVs and trailers.

As stated in the RV description above, this is the closest RV location to San Francisco. The BART station is conveniently located less than 2 miles away. I parked there each morning and took the BART into downtown SF which is about a 20 minute train ride which was very convenient. There's also a grocery store and several restaurants and fast food places within a short walking distance.

For me, it's not a resort, but it is a great launching point to SF and the surrounding areas.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account